Sip! powdered mixes make Extraordinary Drinking Chocolate, but did you know that it also makes more than drinking chocolate? No lie! Chef En-Ming has created a variety of fun and exciting new recipes using Sip! powdered mixes – like this chewy, flourless Chocolate Almond Ganache Cooke. Perfect for gift-giving and entertaining! Or just decadent snacking!
Sip!® Extraordinary Chocolate Almond Ganache Cookie
- 100 g. (7 T.) heavy cream
- 16 g. (2 T.) Sip! Extraordinary Dark Chocolate mix
- 80 g. (1/2 c.) dark chocolate 64%, chopped
- 60 g. (5/8 c.) blanched almond flour
- 10 g. (4 t.) Sip! Extraordinary Dark Chocolate mix
- 80 g. (6 T.) sugar
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 25 g. (3 T.) candied orange peel, finely chopped
- 60 g. (2 large) egg whites, room temperature
- 30 g. (2 T. + 1 t.) sugar
- confectioners' sugar, as needed
- For the Sip! ganache filling, whisk the heavy cream and 16 grams (2 T.) of Sip! Extraordinary dark chocolate mix to a simmer over medium heat.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and whisk together or blend with a stick blender. Blend well. Cover with plastic wrap to touch the surface. Rest at room temperature for at least 6 hour or overnight until firm enough to pipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ (176℃).
- Mix together the almond flour, 10 grams (4 t.) of Sip! Extraordinary Dark Chocolate Mix, 80 grams (6 T.) of sugar, and salt. Add the candied peel.
- Whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add the 30 grams (2 T. + 2 t.) sugar. Whisk to soft peaks.
- Fold the meringue into the dry ingredients in 3 portions.
- Scoop or spoon teaspoons full of mix onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Leave 1-1/2-inches of space between each cookie.
- Dust cookies with confectioners’ sugar. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (10 minutes for convection bake) until the surface appears dry. Cool completely.
- Transfer the ganache to a pastry bag fitted with a plain 1/2-inch tip.
- Sandwich the cookies together with the ganache. Cookies will soften as they rest.
- Store the cookies at room temperature for up to 2 day or freeze for up to 2 months. If freezing, bring to room temperature before serving.