Sip! Extraordinary Lava Cake
Rich, dark chocolate cake with a soft, molten center.
- 142 g. (6 oz.) Dark chocolate 56%, chopped
- 112 g. (8 T.) Unsalted butter
- 100 g. (2 ea.) Whole eggs, room temperature
- 40 g. (2 ea.) Egg yolk, room temperature
- 50 g. (1/4 c.) Sugar
- 2.5. g. (1/2 t.) Vanilla extract
- pinch Salt
- 14 g. (2 T.) Sip! Extraordinary Drinking Chocolate, Dark Chocolate flavor
- 8 g. 2 T. All-purpose flour, sifted
- as needed, Soft butter and coarse sugar for baking dishes
- Melt the chocolate and butter carefully in the microwave. Mix well.
- Whip the whole eggs, egg yolk, sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until light.
- Sift together the salt, Sip!, and flour. Set aside.
- Blend the warm chocolate mixture into the whipped eggs. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix well.
- Incorporate the sifted dry ingredients and mix well.
- Butter 4 4-oz. baking dishes or molds and coat evenly with coarse sugar.
- Divide the batter between the dishes.
- Bake in a preheated 375℉ oven for 10 to 12 minutes. The cakes should appear wet in the center and may soufflé slightly.
- Cool the cakes for 5 minutes. Carefully unmold the cakes and place on serving plates. Serve immediately with your favorite ice cream.